It had been since 2004. It was time.
If you have never had a colonoscopy, it can sound like a horror show. Spare you the details?
Let's just say, this time, it was near perfect. Thanks to some good tips from the Colon Club. Three days before, I started soft foods only. Lovely, lovely homemade applesauce. Rootbeer float. That kind of thing. Liquids on day two: miso soup, chix soup, gaterade, a whole 2 liter of cream soda for the calories. And the over-the-counter prep went like a breeze/sneeze. Investing in baby diaper rash ointment helped, too.
I love my good Jewish doctor! I told him this morning in Bible Study class we had talked about Abraham & Isaac. I asked my 13 year old son to lie down on the center of the two tables pushed together. He had his pillow & blanket, kept his eyes closed, dozed. Great attention grabber for the story of a father's love for his son and willing sacrifice (Isaac could have run away, over-powered his old dad. It could have been a much different story.)
So during this routine GI procedure we are chatting about the great prophets. I was comfortable enough that he only used minimal meds, so I was out of recovery quickly, for a nice, lovely lunch-date with John for....(I warned him, what I really, really wanted after 3 days of no food) good guacamole! Heavenly, wonderful tastes!
Lab results in two weeks, but no suprises. Moderate disease, in "remission" symptom-wise, but I still have Crohn's. The ulcers and inflammation show up as white spots. I have pictures, in time for Halloween haunting.
I wish you all healthy guts, and some glorious tasting. Appreciate your bowels and taste buds.
5 comments:
Something for me to look forward to when I get home-- or maybe a year from when I get home. I can't remember.
I've heard about the awful preparation... never done it. :( Guacamole talk makes me salivate.
I'm glad you have a good doctor. And you are a good teacher.
Glad for guts!
Catching up on blogs - so glad things went well with your colonoscopy! And so glad for the good hints on how to make the prep more manageable as I will need one next year. :p
Post a Comment