Friday, October 14, 2011

A Soft Spot for Swatches

If you have a few minutes, check out SwatchSpot. You can lock in colors (but the lock only lasts one additional shuffle. If you really love that color, lock it, then unlock and lock again to keep it in the mix.) I discovered a pattern of triplets, three colors that I LOVE together! After hundreds of random swapping, saving the pallettes I think are beautiful, I can articulate what I like. And it suprised me a little, to be analytical about my reaction to color.



Do these look like me? Can you see the color I have been ignoring, that completes the triad? Yes, orange IS my favorite color most days, but the turquoise and PURPLE combo thrills me! Every single one of the choices I saved had a version of these turquoise & purple-orchid colors---and several were missing the orange.

2 comments:

Julie said...

One just can't do without purple. :)

Lisa Chin said...

Purple and turquoise are very exciting together! I can see why you love them.

You are always inspiring me! Thank you.