My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Monday, February 11, 2013
Ruffly Blooming Necklace from a T-shirt
Cut circles from a retired t-shirt (no-fray knit fabric makes this easy) and fold in half, and then quarters. Sew to a half-moon shape of same fabric, point up, folds at bottom. Start sewing at bottom and layer the folded circles, working way up. I like adding several slightly different circles, just to tweak it. Add ribbon to tie around neck. I have one in dark gray, light blue, golden yellow, and this new one in red I wore to Church Sunday.
I am submitting this as one of my auction items for this activity:
February 26th, 7:00pm....Get ready for service, sisters!! We ALL have gifts to share!
The “Gifts from our Hearts” Relief Society Service Auction is just the place to do it! Get your auction paddles ready! Genuine Auctioneer! Food, Friends and Fun!
Here’s how it works:
Think of something you can do that you would be willing to share with another sister in the ward. (Ideas are listed below)
Write your “gift” down and submit it on a “Service Auction Card” found in the Relief Society notebooks or send via email to Sani Braun at raulsanibraun@gmail.com by Feb 24
Come to the Auction on Feb 26. Earn points that night to be used to bid on each others’ services!! (no money needed)
Bid and win special “Gifts from our Hearts”!
Service gift ideas to get your mind going:
Crochet lessons or item, computer help, babysitting, cookies/food/pie (can bring that night or offer for FHE etc), lunch date, ride to temple, FHE lesson kit, bring dinner, accounting help, homemade jewelry, hem pants or skirts, sew on scout patches, homemade ice cream, family history help, custom birthday cake, dinner cleanup, photograph family/kids, homemade rolls, car detail, “field trip” to a nearby attraction/museum, cooking lesson, kayaking, ironing, etc, etc! Use your imagination--anything goes!
**Please specify length of time or number-- example: 2 hours genealogy help or hem 3 pairs pants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
very flattering
Looks very pretty! I meant to tell you on Sunday. I also like your pretty smile you are sharing.
Post a Comment