Sunday, March 17, 2013

Cool T-Shirt

Hannah or Lucy had this on, Young Women's camp shirt highlighting the 13th Article of Faith.

Hard to get back in the habit of blogging...but trying.

7 comments:

Emmalyn said...

Thats a cool shirt!

Jane Babcock said...

People like me would need an explanation.

nurse.ney said...

I love reading your blog entries, even when they are just short and sweet.

Your blog actually is one of the ones to inspire me to be better about writing in my blog - I just finished a new entry actually if you want to check it out!
http://youcantfitayearinaweekend.blogspot.com/

BobandLu said...

I agree with both comments!

landbeck said...

If you click on the photo so you can see it better, it's easier to perceive its cleverness, but you have to kind of compare the shirt to the way the Periodic Table of Elements is laid out (http://www.ptable.com/). This shirt takes the list format of the Thirteenth article of faith and frames it in a non-linear way similar to the periodic table; the upper 1-13 elements (listing virtuous twice) are the things we believe/hope in. Then, it visually proposes that the Young Women Values are one of those praiseworthy things that the Thirteenth Article of Faith exhorts us to seek after, like the Actinoid or Lanthanoid series of elements at the bottom of a regular Periodic Table.

Emma, Laura, you guys are the scientists, help a brother out.

Laura said...

It is really cool. I would probably group them differently.

The periodic table of the elements shows all of the elements in increasing weight/size. It is set up so that the elements with similar characteristics (gases, metals, etc) are in the same column.

I think the only problem I have with the current shirt is that there doesn't seem to be much flow. Maybe they were trying to group things in columns based on characteristics?

Definitely a cute idea.

Emmalyn said...

I would also have grouped them a little different. It bothered me (as someone who uses the periodic table... almost daily) that the numbers weren't in the right order.

Periodic table numbers go right before they go down. Like when you normally read a page. The shirt goes down and across inconsistently.

But- cute idea.