Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Singing & Working

Roxie, blond on far left TOWERS over her shorter peers in choir.  She sings high soprano, loves it!
This week I am on-call, working in an office that used to be a bank.  This vault door is behind my desk, very cool, very heavy.  Whatever you have seen in films, this thing weighs thousands of pounds, thick, amazing mechanics.  Old safety deposit boxes still inside.
It's a beautiful focal point in the room, first thing you see when you walk in, after the 20 foot ceilings...marble wainscotting, my smiling face to greet you...

4 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

The door looks fun if you don't think about dishonesty being the reason for it. I'm glad for that smiling face.

Deb said...

Cool orange watch. You and Becca have something in common. She has fun watches too. I like the look of the vault. Finding joy-beauty-interest in things some people might not look or think twice about is a good and grateful habit.

BobandLu said...

I like to see people in their element and be able to picture them later. Thank you. Looking forward to seeing you and yours next week.

Emmalyn said...

That is a great self-picture! Fun to see you at work. That is a way cool safe!