Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sweet Love

You can make your own easy eye chart, say whatever you would like...

I purposefully peruse the YA and teen library books in order to stay current, keep track of story trends. 

"Forever" and "Eternity" have worked there way into teen lit, thanks to Stephanie Meyers and her beyond-death vampire stories.  I don't think it is a bad thing, but there are some interesting interpretations, speculations, literary solutions to wrap up a fiction story now days.  Mormons talk about the after life with ease; we grow up being taught about the possibility of having a forever family and our goal is to be married in the temple for eternity, not just until death do we part.  We confidentially assert that God's permission and restored priesthood power is exclusively in the Church.

So when I read an attempt at forever love I am not irritated, (maybe slightly amused) as I see the imitated pattern.  It sounds too good to be true?  You want it, too!  No kidding!  You find someone you love and they reciprocate your devotion and you want it to last!

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Interesting idea.

Emmalyn said...

I like the youth section! Fun and light but still real things.

When you love you want that forever! Glad we have it- for real!

I've been reading a series that Dean remembered listening to on tape when he was younger.

Dealing with Dragons is the first one. Super short and fun. About a princess who doesn't like being a silly "proper" princess and goes off to convince a dragon to let her become its princess! Fun.

Read the sequel to Eon this week. Good recommendation thank-you!