One of the fantastic talks last Sunday at Church compared core life improvement goals with basic Gospel Goals: Sleep, Exercise, Order & Nutrition line up with Prayer, Scripture, Service, and Church activity. These act as a springboard for other good habits as we master the basics.
One of my sisters chooses a word each year to focus on or a phrase.
When I was making a black-out curtain last week for the guest room I asked John what one word he would want as an affirmation/encouragement for me to see every time I walk into the room (sewing room). He suggested "RELAX."
After a phone conversation with my mom about this new year and the extended family hard things/trials/difficulties we agreed "endure it well" is a good motto for the year.
Mom-by-Marriage Sandy shared with me her 7 Things in 7 Years goals/decisions/lifestyle plan. Instead of working on just one thing, she picked 7 things that she wanted to be better at within the next 7 years, and if they don't get done, then she has 6 years to work on all 7. I liked the idea of progressing and working towards who she wants to be and giving herself a break if one thing doesn't get done to NOT GIVE UP!
So today on January 1st, 2014 I've been making lists. Here is my working outline list...Specific activities/goals fall under each of these 10 areas
During the next decade I want growth in:
1. Family Ties & Unity/Harmony
2. Spirituality & Faith
3. Intellectual Learning
4. Skills & Expertise
5. Creative Outlets
6. Emotional Resilience
7. Physical Strength
8. Social Hostess Friend
9. Organization & Simplifying
10. Big Picture Politics & Making a Difference USING MIGHT/influence
Always time for a kiss!
We met my sister at Luray Caverns and went on a healthy hike to see waterfalls. Good cousin times!
We watched family movies and the ratio of children vs parents left us wanting more photos of the adults! Reminder to young parents: take MOM & DAD photos, not just photos of the kids!
Beautiful Suzanna!
Our school teacher daughter in a one-room school doorway.
Sam & Stewart playing checkers outside Shenandoah History museum.
Will I quilt this year?! More quilts fall under creative outlet, so YES! I don't need to change the title of my blog!
6 comments:
I really like giving yourself more than a year for a transformation to place. Working on the history of my little family - including blogging more - will probably be on my list
Your goals sound worthy and interesting. I'm so glad you've blogged today!
And here I am still doing one day at a time. And sometimes relaxing.
I like "Endure it Well." I chose the word "Enter" and I suppose I should blog about it. My first thoughts for Enter were about entering a few national quilt shows, but then I realized that I also need to "enter" a lot more in my life as well. There are some days that I really need to enter life! So it's a good word for me. Best wishes for a successful, happy year. I like your long term goals too. Nice to have those as well!
We liked the relax!
Caverns were a lot of fun. Glad that you have some couple pics as well and not just kid pics.
Love you!
Thanks for the parent photo and goal reminders. It's so neat your kids were all with you for Christmas!
Post a Comment