Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Neutral Didn't Last Very Long

Peek behind Hazel to the hallway two+ weeks ago:  silver and black horizontal stripes (playing dress up here with little friends).

This week: soft matte pink over the black.  Thinking about painting gold over the pink for more shine.  Ceiling is still minty.  If these walls weren't TEXTURED I would have painted them 10x more often.  This came-with-the-house texture is not my favorite feature.  If they weren't in dinning room, living room, whole hallway I would sand them down.  Waiting for the remodel day when wall between kitchen & living room comes down before re-do textured walls.  I still love open-concept house plans.  Really want to fix the bottleneck passageway between kitchen and basement stairs...
Painted church pew light pink (was mossy green), used staple gun and IKEA rug to make off-white furry table.  Did add bright coral lamp and bright green tray back into room.  Couldn't stay completely neutral for long (bright is nice, but I crave saturated colors)!


3 comments:

Emmalyn said...

I love seeing these changes! Thank you for blogging! I love the saturated colors! The coral lamp is so fun!

Suzu said...

I love the pink and green combination! they look so springy :D

Emmalyn said...

And I'm amazed at how big hazel is!