Roxie turned 13 yesterday. She loves the felt crown I made her, blue & green with lace around the rim. (Max asked for a purple and bubble gum pink felt crown for his birthday next week so I took his head measurement and wrote in permanent marker his name next on my measuring tape... He also put in his request for Pad Thai and chocolate cake with pistachio pudding frosting. He wanted to take Roxie & Sam to the baseball game, so we were going to eat at 5 so they would be on time to the game.) We celebrated at 2:00 pm since Grandpa John was leaving for fishing trip to Canada that afternoon.
The rest of the story is that early this morning Grandma Sandy rang the front door bell with the chief of police and a detective to tell us the bad news about our son. No foul play, is the official investigation, apparent suicide. Grandpa cut short his dream fishing trip. Max's memorial service will be on his birthday, Friday the 25th, 7 pm at the LDS Church, Level Rd. We will wear purple and bubble gum pink instead of black. We will sing, remember him, miss him. And eat birthday cake with everyone who comes to grieve with us.
6 comments:
Thank you for sharing this. Precious photos. Temple quilt in the background profound.
We love you and your family so much. Our hearts and prayers are with you all.
Even though I can't make it to the memorial, I just wanted to let you know I will be wearing purple and bubble gum pink on the 25th. What a wonderful idea. Many prayers--Rachel
I love these photos and your family! We will be there to sing "'tis love brings us here"
We love you. I wish I could be there. Precious memories.
This morning I prayed at Grandpa Carlson's grave, asking Heavenly Father to let grandpa watch over two of his special sons as they enter a transition this week. In his missionary farewell this morning, Bailey Carlson witnessed to the power of Christ's atonement to heal, and I also know that he can comfort us as we grieve for Max.
Post a Comment