Sunday, December 7, 2008

Celebrating all December

Yesterday was Christmas Street Parade, downtown. All the local fire trucks come, dogs are dressed up as reindeer, soldiers, boyscouts, cloggers, dancers, 4 school bands. My favorite part was the bagpipes (we are Scottish), but I waved and cheered for everyone that came by. There was a girl in Roxie's class that recognized me from being Patriot Program mom. You know you live in a small town when you see the high school principal across the street with his grandkids and all the councilmen not only look familiar but you know their names before you see the signs on the sides of the floats. Almost all of the friends that came to Suzu's party walked down with us and we sat by another family from Church.
I love to see our kids be buddies. It warms my heart when they help each other, sit by each other, share...
Stewart reading a link from our Advent Christmas Chain. Each day has a devotional thought, scripture, hymn to sing, and a service activity suggestion. Today's was "Give away 2 of your toys and a bag of groceries anonymously."
12 snoman cupcakes (they look like lightbulbs) with coconut & cream cheese frosting, friend birthday party.
Suzu and G-ma Sandy share a homemade German Chocolate Cake today with family. I always make double the frosting, cousin Palmer-family style!

6 comments:

BobandLu said...

I think a fine rule of sharing yummy food on blogs would be that you have to share the recipe. :)

Jennilyn said...

Blue Cook book for Grandma's frosting, and back of "Baker's" sweet German Chocolate baking bar, green package. Takes forever and lots of bowls, separted eggs, buttermilk, etc. But worth it. Once. A. Year.

nichole said...

I double the frosting when I make German chocolate cake too, except for me that means two cans of frosting with one box of cake mix!

Deb said...

Looks and sounds delicious! I really like your advent calendar idea too. Thanks!

Emmalyn said...

Suzu looks happy and cute with curly hair.

The tree looks pretty too!

Likely said...

oh dear me. German chocolate cake with double frosting - be still my heart! You want to know something DELICIOUS? Add a couple packages of softened cream cheese in that frosting. You will die. and then go to heaven.

I love drawing birthdays out as long as possible. I was hoping for pictures of gingerbread houses! Did you get any?