Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Cotton Club: I can do "wallpaper" this scale!

This is the most recent combined sewing effort from these ladies, we each did a block. Mine is top left hand corner.

You take me out to eat, and I am going to be studying the decor. I really wish I had taken my camera to downtown Syracuse, NY, with Deb & Roger to capture the colors and faux painting and murals at the Mission Restaurant (high recommendaiton).

If you see any of these women, know that they are friends. We've been a small group for 2 years. They all own cats (at least one) and are talented quilters. I am leaving the group, saying official farewells. Laurajane has a snowman quilt that each of these women contributed a block to create. Cheryl doesn't think she photographs well, so I was determined to get her smiling!
Erin, past president of FGQG just before me. She organzied the Cotton Club, with the one requirement, everyone had to be nice!
Patti!
Pam at the head of our table (can you see her on the back of a Harley? In leathers, with her sweetie, seriously!)
Freddie & Ruth
Sheree & Lois (and look at that wallpaper background! I could paint that!)

4 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

I have "forgotten" so many good friends. I should have taken pictures.

Does this mean you are leaving the guilt guild? Or just passing on leadership?

Jennilyn said...

Not leaving guild, just Cotton Club, small 9 member off-shoot. Spicy Kathy is new president, and I am supposed to go to business meetings until June 09 to help smooth transitions. I was feeling overwhelmed, one too many things, so I let this one go. I will still see these friends at the general guild meetings, and there is always shopping trips!

Jane Babcock said...

I'm glad you still have quilt guild. It's hard to drop things, but probably a good idea sometimes.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Cool quilt block! You do have a lot going on...how many mural commissions right now?