I told John he is a bad client. I was trying to paint. He was home teleworking and kept talking to me, interrupting, being cute, but distracting. I told him a few minutes later the witty-banter I should have said earlier, "Hey, honey, can't talk, I'm on the clock!"
Friend Nicole asked the question: "Does your husband read your blog?"
I've been thinking about this a lot. Yes, he reads mine, and some of yours.
Here is some of my very long comment-answer on her blog and some additional thoughts:
Umm, I don't share well, or maybe I am very territorial? John has his own blog. Yes, he reads mine, asks me questions about it (never comments). He can't check them at work, but does when he is home and has spare time. He loves the blog kingdom! But he is a big talky-talk guy, and anything I write he is curious about.
We started doing the notebook letters at night, so I know each night he reads at least one letter I have written. Tiffany told me about these nightly letters (from an Oprah show?) where each spouse writes in a plain old school notebook a one page letter to the other spouse, and the next night you can read what they wrote and respond to questions, ask your own, comment on life, compliment them, write them encouragement or lists (no, not Honey-Do lists, but things you dream about, need, wish you had for your birthday kind of lists). We've been writing every night for...months now?
It has been a nice way to talk about things that we haven't told each other, leave messages, sometimes I even draw him pictures to tell him about my day. A couple of times when one of us was picking up a son very late from a late concert I have written in one without him, and leave the other out on the countertop for him to write in before he comes to bed...Oh, and I never peak at what he has written until night-time. The anticipation is nice, knowing there is a letter there at the end of the day just for me!
Moral of the long comment: if you want your sweetie to read what you write, write it just to him, and stick it in front of his face, in bed. He can't miss it!
3 comments:
Hey! I love reading your blog, and I write comments sometimes! It's just often easier to give you feedback in person.
:)
You and Santa are a cute couple.
We are taking my advice and starting a notebook. It sounds too fun. I love the idea of something to look forward to at night :)
Hmmm... interesting idea... I might have to try it too... :)
Post a Comment