Monday, November 23, 2009

Laughter and Good-bye Tears?

This morning I am leaving on a jet plane. I do know when I will be back: I have 12 days to paint a mural plus base coating for my parents. I have up-loaded stockpiled photos of us from the last weeks, so we will be united in blogdom but 2000+ miles away. Out of sync photo history, so technically it won't be couple photos in a continuous number of days. Maybe by the time I get back Johnny will have new employment and we can go down to once a week portraits!

John came into the room when I was tweaking this photo. "I'm glowing!" I had just used the "glow" button, and centered the glow on his shirt. Yes, it is well-named. Okay, that isn't that funny in writing. John is a better joke-teller.

What do you think about when you are trying to smile for the camera? A joke? Do you say something silly? John knows my tickle places. More often it is something he says, just right before he clicks the button, that makes me laugh out loud. Some of my favorite pictures are when he is using the timer, and trying to make it back next to me before it goes off. No, I am not blogging all the back-side photos I have, but I am nearly doubled in half laughing!

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Looking forward to seeing what develops on our walls! Love, Dad

landbeck said...

While you are gone, I stay busy enough that I don't have much time to devolve into mopery. These blog entries are a wonderful bridge to tide me over until you return!