Sunday, February 21, 2010

Seasoned

This picture of Stewart shows how in shape he is. John says he looks like a TITAN, ready for combat. This is only his second season of wrestling--he started in his junior year and has done really well!

.UCBAC wrestling on Saturday. Stewart came in 3rd in his weight class; he is going to regionals next week. You can sort of see the shiner under his right eye and the scratches from wrestling earlier in the day.

John was at the library with an Eagle Scout friend working on Stewart's eagle project! He has next week to finish up, before his 18th birthday. You can see the stake president behind us. He was there to watch his nephew compete!
Best thrift store deal: I always look in the dishes, just in case they have a pizza stone. Years ago I bought the middle one at full price, mother-by-marriage lets me "borrow" hers because we use them so much and she doesn't (cookies, rolls, everything cooks better on stoneware!).

Brand new, waiting to be seasoned, broken-in, worn and loved.

9 comments:

Kathy said...

that's a great deal to score for the stone!

Julie said...

A pizza stone! That is quite a find. Found a few little treasures this week at DI myself, but nothing as great as a pizza stone. Keeps you going back for more, doesn't it?

Jane Babcock said...

If I had one I'd probably let you borrow it.

Emmalyn said...

Nice pizza stone!

Emmalyn said...

Hey wait- where's Dad?

Great pictures of Stewart!

Lisa Chin said...

Nice deal on the pizza stone!!!

landbeck said...

Emma, we figured that since I was standing in for Stewart at the library, he could stand in for me!

Jane Babcock said...

Stewart looks really bulked up. He must be intimidating to his opponents! Please wish him luck in the finals! Love, Dad

Victoria said...

He IS a titan:) And oh man... we have done that whole finishing the eagle the week before the 18th birthday. I hate to admit it, but so far we have done that FOUR TIMES!