Thursday, July 1, 2010

How Do I Help My Kids Get Here?

Tiffany pointed me towards a great blog (I started reading "what about your walls" and then found this well written thoughts about temples).

http://segullah.org/slice-of-life/sometimes-always-at-the-temple/

I want them to know the peace and joy I feel here, the answers to prayers, the blessings that come from serving. Two hours of leaving our lights on, and the car still started. "TEMPLE BLESSING!"

We try to go to the temple at least once a month. There was a cute and serious returned missionary sitting by us that I wanted to give our daughter's phone number to, but held back, felt strongly that it really is her choice who she dates, no arranged Mormon weddings, no matter how convenient or satisfying from a parent's point-of-view that would be...It amazes me that John can know exactly what I am saying. Eye language. I looked significantly at my wedding ring, he shook his head, touched his hand to help me know he knew exactly what I was asking. I like working in tandem with him.
Edited.
The original.

We walked into the office together, and my boss laughed, and asked, "You know this guy?" referring to John. We work different operations, and it has been crazy both having meetings here at our house with overlapping times. I have a week break, or would, but the big, BIG boss asked if I am available Thursday night, Friday and Saturday for another operation. It is good to be known as a good worker, and the money has been a huge blessing for our family this year. Whatever you hear from ANYONE about government wasting money on the count, know that it has been a job that has kept us in our home during a tough time. I know a lot of people it has helped from the employment end.
We have found this great buffet place that has tender, tasty baby octopus. John thinks it is funny that I like them so much.

2 comments:

Deb said...

There is no way I would eat a baby octopus.

I like your temple thoughts.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

Hey (Brother John here) I think you are a fantastic match maker. no complaints here!