Not really a couple photo, but we were together--I was in the car with John when I took this photo of a sign in Baltimore near the Boychoir center that he thinks is hilarious. The exactness, specific warning. Further along this road there are more signs with strange increments of feet warning. And the speed bumps really are high and horrendous. Maybe the unique signs make people pay closer attention? If they weren't warned, or ignored the caution, they would lose under-parts of their cars!
Wouldn't it be nice if we had such specific signs posted to warn us of impending problems and trials?
"Prepare for HEAT Discomfort!"
"Be Ready to pick up and move!"
I don't want to live pessimistically and EXPECT hard things. I know everyone has trials and difficulties (and the trial of being rich would be a nice one for awhile...) but the physical HEAT of this last one was hard. I don't know why anyone ever settled here off the boats before air conditioning!
We've been living in my gracious-2 blocks away in-law's basement all week due to 96+ degree weather IN-side our home. Broken A/C. Long week. It is fixed now. Cooling off, and the long-waited for rain is helping.
It is good to be home, but Roxie twisted her ankle and she is on ice until we can figure out how bad it is.
And my house smells weird. Maybe it smells this way all the time, and I've gotten used to it? Makes me want to mop and scrub.
I guess that a warning wouldn't have really helped me handle the week better.
May you be ready to survive all your trials this week.
4 comments:
It should never be above 85 anywhere there is any amount of humidity. It is miserable! I'm so glad to hear you were able to fix your air conditioning. What a blessing! So sorry to hear about Roxie's ankle. I hope it is nothing serious.
Being warned of upcoming situations would take all the "trial" out of the equation. A friend posted this quote recently and it brighten my day “Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh"
Great quote, Lisa. I needed that today.
I hope Roxie's ankle is okay!
Wish I'd known about the A/C. My hubby's dad does that for a living and he would have come up and looked at it right away!
So glad about the AC being fixed. I asked S and G which they would rather have injured - wrist or ankle. S said wrist and G asked if he would be able to pick right or left. Yes, trials are surprising most of the time! No picking wrist, ankle, right or left.
Post a Comment