Thursday, August 26, 2010

I Know Why Suzanna Was Sad

A certain third book in a trilogy was just released. Our library is amazing at getting copies, and I am married to a man who can get a book reserved before it is even available. Suzu was at the bookstore with a friend to buy their copies the same day John checked out a copy and graciously gave it to me to read first.

Sometimes book don't end the way you were hoping. Sometimes it is even better! This series took me by surprise (and yes, I think it is better written than Harry Potter. Suzanne Collins writes a tight, well-crafted story. High recommendations for Hunger Games trilogy. Find it at your local library, for free!)
I think today I am especially thankful that we share a love for reading. Well, that and kissing, and being good.

4 comments:

Jess and Jason said...

We pre-ordered one copy from Amazon and actually got it on the 23rd!! But Jason is still reading it, so I haven't even started it. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I did get on the list at the library, but haven't gotten it yet.

Jane Babcock said...

I hope somebody is making a list of books for me to read when we get home.

BobandLu said...

Loved this trilogy. Bob's next in line sitting next to me right now, reading it! :)

Lisa Chin said...

I got on the library list right away too and have a copy sitting here. I started it last night and really want to spend all day finishing it. My girls say it is the "next Twilight" at school. Meaning that EVERYONE is reading it and talking about it and they don't like to do what EVERYONE is doing so they won't read it. And I usually like to encourage this kind of behavior! ;) Their loss this time around.