Cut out two circles, use the bottom of t-shirt for band around head (cut down to size of your head, unless using a tiny t-shirt) and make a visor. I used an old pair of jeans instead of interfacing. Fast, and raw edge forgiving. And suprisingly comfortable.
My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Disclaimer: THESE ARE COSTUMES
We don't normally dress this way. This is pretend. Getting ready for the Trunk or Treat next Wednesday!
Saturday was a good sewing day. Roxie is a character from the Lord of the Rings Fellowship game she plays online with siblings and John. Sequin pillow shams and a shiny sheet in her new favorite color made an excellent cloak-cape-hood.
And I saw this idea on another seminary teacher's blog. T-shirt HATS!
Cut out two circles, use the bottom of t-shirt for band around head (cut down to size of your head, unless using a tiny t-shirt) and make a visor. I used an old pair of jeans instead of interfacing. Fast, and raw edge forgiving. And suprisingly comfortable.
Remember, pretend. Not who we really are. Although me still wearing that painting shirt from yesterday is real life.
Cut out two circles, use the bottom of t-shirt for band around head (cut down to size of your head, unless using a tiny t-shirt) and make a visor. I used an old pair of jeans instead of interfacing. Fast, and raw edge forgiving. And suprisingly comfortable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have to admit I'm glad we are having missionary training on Halloween weekend, so we don't have to worry about it.
Love the hats!
Post a Comment