Monday, October 4, 2010

Old Quilts Reprise


I just figured out I cannot upload new photos-but I can talk about old ones!

This was a altered-spray paint and resist, permanent marker, dyed whole cloth quilt. Pre-quilted by anonymous. Thrift store quilt. To see the back (originally the "front") of green and red applique scroll back to Oct 2008 posts.

It's been two years. Two years since the last quilt show.

Two years of healthy brother.

I remember when he was born. How easy it was to love him. He was beautiful! Gorgeous eyes. I was a freshman in college. I would come home to see him and pretend that he was mine. Take him shopping. Snuggle with him. I wanted to be a mom. I wanted to be married. He made it easy to look forward to that blessing and want it even more!

Mental illness is real. Support needed. More talking, more loving communication. More understanding. If you don't know about someone in your family who is suffering, they might be hiding it too well. It is okay to talk about. Okay to admit. Not taboo. Real.

And we love you enough to deal. And accept. And love even more. You are mine. And I am yours.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Mental illness is a physcial problem that affects the mind. It is a true illness that isn't overcome by will power, though I'm sure as with all illnesses, will power helps. Just as with all physical illness, there is no reason to be ashamed. It breaks my heart that sometimes people with mental illness feel like they are disappointing their loved ones. So not true! People who are willing to admit problems and get help are never a disappointment.

BobandLu said...

Good to hear family voices and know that there are lots of us with the same / similar thoughts, wanting to share support and love.