Lots of catching up to do...Last Thursday, it was pouring rain. John had an exciting job interview, so I took a day off painting and came with him. We went to the DC temple, afterwards. Wonderful time!
Saturday was huge quilt show. John met me there. I had paint up and down my arms and in my hair. It is sobering seeing your own quilts hanging in a show.
(Merry Christmas, to Emmalyn!)
Technical details: whole cloth white on white queen size quilt-pre-quilted; watered down acrylic paints, fabric dyes, fabric markers, fabric pens, sparkle sequin fabric glue...Altered quilt. Someone complimented me on the quilting, asking if I painted the temple before or after quilting, and I had to set them straight.
10 comments:
If you can't read the title on the yellow card, it is "More Than a Landmark."
I am so happy your computer is fixed--figured that explained the absence. You were SO VERY MUCH missed!
I missed you too. And I like the quilt very much. Lucky Emma!
where is the show? It is fun to see your work presented in different contexts...at your house on a bed, on a wall, in an exhibit...all tend to lend a different feel than in a photo-image.
Beautiful idea Jennilyn! Congratulations on your quilt being in the quilt show and on getting your computer back! Yay for computers that work!
Hurray for repaired computers. Good to have you back. Love the title.
You're back! Woo hoo! Thanks for showing up again and for showing the quilt. I love that they are your canvas.
Great to have you back! Nice quilt, too!
OK, so I just LOVE that DC Temple quilt! Wow! It's GORGEOUS!!!!! Of course I sort of feel ownership over the DC Temple since I've loved it for so many years. Ahhh the joys of being a DC Metro area native!
Yay on your computer being fixed.!
I love that quilt. You are incredible!
Post a Comment