Roxie went to a party yesterday. She said she had to explain what the rice bag was for. We found an elegant hand towel that matches the birthday girl's bedroom. I did the sewing, but Roxie filled up the rice and wrote instructions. 2-3 minutes in the microwave heats it up for a great foot warmer, or neck or sore leg warmer. I use two every night to help me relax to sleep.
Blue rice bag, sweater-bag, and white retro summer bed spread turned into a journal cover.
Roxie's hairdo. Idea from the Princess & Her Hair blog. Love her video tutorials.
And my sweater merge: damask v-neck $1.50 from thrift store. Cut it down front, but it didn't meet around my tummy so I filled in by adding a men's merino wool sweater cut up and ruffled. But the weight hanging on the front distorted the sweater. The buttons didn't solve the closure like I wanted. It was not a flattering look. Too much attention on the wrong body feature. (I AM NOT EXPECTING A BABY, NO!)
You win some, you lose some. Just keep creating! Be brave to try something wild, even if it doesn't work. If it is not salvageable for another project, we can swap our experiments!
2 comments:
You are so very brave and so great at redoing things there is bound to be a dud once in a while. Thanks for sharing it!
Roxie's hair is fantastic success. And the rice bag and gift bags are great gift ideas. Sweater re-creation is harder for me to imagine doing, but I'm impressed.
Post a Comment