Sunday, February 13, 2011

Safari Bathroom Suprise for Sandy

It is so much easier to work when family is out of town!

Remember this giraffe?
Off the master bedroom is a bathroom. Imagine forest green and cream striped Victorian wallpaper. Yucky. Should have taken a before picture. I could take a picture of the garbage bag.
Now a textured grass paper wall is on two of the walls. Sandy picked it out. Not quite enough paper for all the walls, so I had to get creative...

Brown craft paper, ripped edges, wallpaper paste, and polyurethane on top for a faux leather look.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

It works beautifully together.

Deb said...

Great problem-solving! Makes me want to see it in person. Grass wall looks prickly, but maybe it isn't. I think I'd lean toward the smooth paper side while in the room. Interesting idea. And I love the giraffe and safari theme idea. I love your work. I so miss O's space room. In my future home I think I'd like seagulls.