While I am a passenger in a car, I like to bring along my handwork (I sound like an old lady). It helps me relax, not worry about traffic. How long does it take me? Two trips to the temple and I am finished with this project. Crocheted lace edging on a flannel baby receiving blanket for...Baby Babcock niece, birthday in April! I need to get nephew Jack's I Spy quilt done before he turns a year old! Polly's quilt is first, though. I am behind by 2 months in my quilting.
Blanket stitch around both layers of flannel all the way around the square. I like these blankets big, so I use whole width of fabric and cut it to the largest square I can make.
4 Double crochets in one hole
1 single crochet to anchor it in the next hole
skip a hole
repeat with 4 double corchets...
Easy, once you get the hang of it.
3 comments:
Your work is really beautiful and I love the fabric you chose for this project. I remember Grandma teaching me how to do this before Rachel was born. It has been ages since I have done it, but perhaps I should take it up again. I'd have to study your technique well first, though.
Do you just poke the holes through with your crochet hook? I love the fabric this one is made from! I heard a rumor that you are coming out to help with said Niece this April. Is this true?
Nice pink.
Post a Comment