I finished up this nightstand (for the client with Not-Rapunzel's pink castle room/Tulum, Mexico home) to match a sibling's bedding...paisley, medallion flowers.
Combo of paint, scrapbook paper, ModPodge, lots of polyacrylic, and some shiny crystal drawer pulls later it earned it's $45.00 make-over.That was last week's project.
I will travel to paint, and the distance required a hotel room or...? Client was a friend of another trusted client, and after talking to her on the phone, decided to guest in her home while I painted two rooms for her:
1. Dinning Room/Entry
Looking towards the left to the stairs,
To the right and straight ahead towards the great room/kitchen
And out the front windows. You can see my blue chalk lines generously helped by a hoola hoop.
Because I needed BIG CIRCLES!
Sideboard buffet will go on this wall.
Ahh, the shine of still wet polyacrylic sealer! Client could not WAIT to put her new green curtains up! You can see a peek of the strong, beautiful turquoise on the entry wall:
2. Master Bedroom Ocean Retreat
See my art blog for more photos.
Three hour drive one way and three days of painting standing up 7 am-7 pm and I am having a day in bed reading to recover. Couldn't do this every day, or every week, but it was fun while it lasted. Flurry of decorating, mural-making, back to mom-me-ing. And I think I owe a mini-quilt to a Wild Threads member? Ooops. That deadline is tonight?! I am living my blog title.
3 comments:
We fill our lives with the things that really matter to us. It is why we can be judged by our works. I love your blog title and the reality of our life.
LOVE those medallions! Your WT friend didn't go today so you can contact her and mail it if you like.
I love your work and I'm sure the client loved it too. Beautiful! I didn't see a link for your art blog. I'd love to see it!
Post a Comment