One of John's missionary companions made this out of our invitation, using a piece of heartwood, super laminated:
And (almost) 23 years later:
Us after our "Mission Impossible" date. Hand gripping film. I liked how the consequences of getting hurt showed, hero getting banged up for real. John told me afterward that the director did "The Incredibles" and it made sense from the humor point-of-view (flopping glove & all).
If themes are repeated in my blog history, I hope this one comes through: tough times draw us closer together as a couple. We have a good marriage, and when things fall apart, we cling tighter together. John losing his job inspired my daily couple photos. Dealing with mental illness in the family, we turn towards each other.
4 comments:
You guys really are an example of a strong marriage. I love posts about you two.
Marriage gets better especially with the ups and downs that make you closer.
We enjoyed that movie too. The comic relief was just right. We saw it in IMAX and I thought it would be too much, but it was great.
Yes, I agree, your blog shows you are a good example of having an enduring marriage.
I still don't understand mental illness and would like to know more. I would also like to know how to support you. Prayers and love continue.
You two are such a great example for us all. What can I do to help?
Post a Comment