On this day of the thirteenth of May, year of Our Lord Two Thousand and Twelve, I, ________________ hereby sign away my right to complain and offer willingly my full cooperation and cheerful service in rendering the following unsavory job that I may have historically complained while performing, but again, will do so with great fervor and energy: ________________________ as many times as years I have lived on the earth, and for clarification purposes, that is ____ years before the deadline of this date plus three hundred and sixty-five days.
Signature____________________________________________________
Witnessed by _________________________________________________
(The students groaned. I made them do it anyway. Told them if they put "brushing my teeth" than they needed to think of a harder one. Something they really struggle wanting to do and something they know their mom wants them to do...One tardy student claimed to not understand what it meant and refused to fill it in. I told that student their mother could fill in a blank one! Hopefully the week long in Bible Study Class of thinking of their WOW=MOM spelled upsidedown, writing her thank you notes, drawing her portrait and telling her how much they love her will result in a day of rest, rejoicing, and some good laughs. A few tears.
I cried when our babies were born--not just with pain or relief, but for joy and the sober responsibility of caring for them as tiny babies.)
Thank you, to my mommy. Thank you for my life, my body, my formative years. Thank you for your influence and teaching and the wonderful creative atmosphere of your home. (How would you fill in this blank coupon???). I am sorry for all the times I complained and grudgingly did things you asked of me. I am sorry for all of the things I didn't do at all, that I forgot, or ignored, or did poorly so I wouldn't have to do them again.
I love you!
3 comments:
That coupon is a huge commitment for a teenager. I was thinking of how I would fill it out in reverse. Big job. Six of the youth spoke in sacrament meeting today and three of them mentioned their mother's making them their sack lunches and putting notes in them. My Em nudged me and told me to take notes because I don't make her lunch for her, more or less put a note in them. haha We all need to grow. ;)
Happy Mother's Day Jennilyn!
too many thoughts to comment, a thought storm. must be mother's day.
I am certain that your Mom feels that you have "paid forward" anything you might owe her, in the labor and effort you've exerted in mothering her grandchildren.
We are so grateful for you; you should have a coupon like that on at least a daily basis!
Post a Comment