Monday, May 7, 2012

A Wedding: A Bride & a Cheater

Bible Study class, 6 am

How to make Hosea real for teenagers?

Talk about a couple in love. Faithful. Making promises to each other, taking it to the next level of serious committment, legally wedded as husband and wife. Then cheating. Then who broke up with whom? Will he take her back? Is she worth the pain she caused him? How can he say he will never divorce her? How can he love her that much? How can he forgive her?

I told the students to never forget no matter how much they mess up, no matter how much trouble they are in, or how badly they've hurt & disappointed their families, or how much they break the law... they can come back, they can repent.

Christ redeems us as we return to Him. He won't hold a grudge as a jilted lover. He will forgive & forget and welcome our return.

I hope they get it, and remember, when they are hurting and confused and suffering from consequences of bad choices. It can be better. The hurting can stop.

I have felt mostly calm this weekend. Disappointed, sad, and lots of love for my children.

Please remember Max in your prayers this week. Another overdose, and a serious cry for help.

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

remembering why we need the atonement of Jesus Christ

Lisa Chin said...

I'm so sorry about Max' cries for help. He will be in my prayers.

What a great way to portray your message for seminary. I think they have seen these kinds of situations - in the media if no where else - and can relate and understand. They will remember your words if they find themselves in trouble. Let's pray Max remembers them as well.

Deb said...

Thank you for this post. I needed to read it today. I'm also grateful for the atonement. And thankful for my sure knowledge that the hurting can stop. Oh, how it hurts.