Monday, September 29, 2008

Last Thing You SEE before you go to SLEEP?

How much of what you see last, before you turn out the lights, influences your dreams and thoughts during the night? Have you surrounded yourself with things you love, things that remind you of who you are or want to be? Here is a quick tour of our tiny master bedroom (we took the smallest room because it was attatched to a bathroom!)
Painting by my mom. Love these colors, and the image reminds me to not be so independent, that I am NOT alone, ever, like that lonely tree, clinging to the cliffs. But that I am strong, tenacious, holding on to good things.
John's side of bed. I love our marriage photo, standing right outside the Salt Lake Temple, looking very contemplative, serious, and oh, so in LOVE!

20 years ago high school painting of old lady feeding pigeons--like in "Mary Poppins." This is on my side of the bed.

2 comments:

seven smiles said...

You have so much talent, Jennilyn.
It's so fun to see your creativity.

Jane Babcock said...

Proof that artwork doesn't go away. Paintings from the past have a present (and a future). I still love the old lady feeding pigeons and remember when it was a part of my home and daily life.