Thursday, February 4, 2010

I Found Him, He Found Me


Local college sign advertisement.

What can you tell about a sewer by looking at their ironing board? And where it is? I found this one at a thrift store and bought it for the cool legs--not necessarily to iron with, but it does get used for that, too!
Valentine bow ties in process. They get mailed out on Thursday!

And a teasing pre-view for client BeckyT: You are going to love this. I've already decided all my daughters and future-daughters-by-marriage will get a matching/similar one. Yes, I do quilt commissions. Yes, that is a pair of scissors CUTTING...

6 comments:

Jennilyn said...

Ohh, funny. John said it gave him a start when he read this and thought SEWER,as in, sewage. And suggested maybe that is why they use the word "seamstress" and not sew-er.

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

I read sewer too! But then of course the context helped me out! Is Becky T my Becky?

Emmalyn said...

Did you paint that brick or was it white before?

Lisa Chin said...

AHHHHH! What are you doing to that quilt?!!!?

I am excited about the Love theme. I was happy when she changed the rules to be a quilt of any size because I thought I would make all 12x12's but then a project came up and I think I am making something much larger. Do you think it will be okay to do a project for that is a two-fer? Made for one project and then also for the contest?

Jennilyn said...

Yes, brick is painted white by me, was red, then green, white after Christine Design blog suggestion. To JenB: yes, your Becky! And to LisaC: yes on two-fers! ALTERED QUILT, hon! Wait and see the result, you will laugh at my genius. Stay tuned here!

smiles, Sharon said...

A few light years ago I had an antique ironing board with kitchen green legs...it was used for everything but ironing. Made the best bookshelf, then later plant holder. Sadly sent it to another before moving to HDG.
Sharon