Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Standing Out & Blending

Some people avoid wearing bright colors--they stand out! John wears this green sweater because I told him I love the color on him. I like how bright green looks with his blue eyes.

Suzanna asked for an orange shirt. She made this, and is super excited about Percy Jackson's movie coming out Friday! (read the book!) I am thankful she isn't afraid to show her personality, her likes and interests!

And the desire of dressing to blend vs. stand out is complicated. There are times when unity is important. Camouflage times. And other times when it is good to be yourself, uniquely you, still modest and appropriate.

Client wanted names to blend in, goal is subtle, not in-your-face; a discovery to make close up. Delivery on Friday to Becky!

5 comments:

Lisa Chin said...

True, true, true. LOVE the Percy Jackson books and I love Suzanna's shirt. She is very talented like her Mom. My twins are VERY excited about the upcoming movie as well (especially because they think the main actor is cute ;).
"Love" is working out. I started making this quilt for something else and decided it was perfect for the contest too so it's a "two-fer". Nothing like killing two birds with one stone!

landbeck said...

That picture makes me want to find you and give you a hug. :)

Jane Babcock said...

Suzanna is definitely outstanding!
Love, Dad/Grandpa Ken

becky said...

Katie loves that color...perfect for her name! Please call me about plans for Friday...are you snowed in?

Jennilyn said...

Suzu said the movie was horrible, if you loved the books. She had a long laundry list of what they messed up, starting with no blue food. So she made blue cornbread for dinner, and chili in a big blue bowl for all of us. I told her she needs to be a film consultant, set them straight when adapting beloved books to film.