This IS a couple photo, taken Sunday am. The night before we went grocery shopping together, and I suggested we buy bacon so Max could have it for his birthday morning breakfast. We got two packs, and John said we would have to start cooking at 6:30 am to have it done before 8 am. I was bewildered. No way could it take that long! When I cook it, I put the whole pack in the pan and turn it over once and it is done. I like chewy, flexible bacon. John, however, likes it super crispy. That takes patient cooking, only a few in the pan at a time, until all the fat cooks out. He took over the cooking and saved me out a couple of my-kind-of-perfect slices.
My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Monday, July 26, 2010
A Difference of Opinion
Happily married couples do not have to agree about everything. The big things, yes. Values should match. Life goals, yes. But bacon? Nah!

This IS a couple photo, taken Sunday am. The night before we went grocery shopping together, and I suggested we buy bacon so Max could have it for his birthday morning breakfast. We got two packs, and John said we would have to start cooking at 6:30 am to have it done before 8 am. I was bewildered. No way could it take that long! When I cook it, I put the whole pack in the pan and turn it over once and it is done. I like chewy, flexible bacon. John, however, likes it super crispy. That takes patient cooking, only a few in the pan at a time, until all the fat cooks out. He took over the cooking and saved me out a couple of my-kind-of-perfect slices.
This IS a couple photo, taken Sunday am. The night before we went grocery shopping together, and I suggested we buy bacon so Max could have it for his birthday morning breakfast. We got two packs, and John said we would have to start cooking at 6:30 am to have it done before 8 am. I was bewildered. No way could it take that long! When I cook it, I put the whole pack in the pan and turn it over once and it is done. I like chewy, flexible bacon. John, however, likes it super crispy. That takes patient cooking, only a few in the pan at a time, until all the fat cooks out. He took over the cooking and saved me out a couple of my-kind-of-perfect slices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I have been all about microwave bacon since I watched my sis in law do it a few months back! So much less mess!
At least you both enjoy bacon. It's hard to justify buying a pack for myself. But I enjoy it however I find it on an occasional purchased sandwich.
I like it chewy too!
Superman and I are *exactly* the same! We had breakfast for dinner last night and experienced the same thing. His batch was the first batch -- I was too busy with the pancakes and eggs to realize how crispy the bacon was getting. No matter -- that's what he wanted. I cooked a second batch next for myself, when I had time to watch it. Nice and chewy.
Too funny!!!
I bake it in the oven. So much easier than stove top cooking and I don't have to worrying about paying attention to it. 425 degree oven, lay it out on a foil covered cookie sheet and set the timer for 15 to 30 minutes depending on how you like it! Yummy every time!
Mmmm bacon. We had bacon for our biker-camp bnreakfast this morning. Miss cooking with/for you sweetie.
Post a Comment