Saturday, January 22, 2011

Thank You, 9-Patch Nurse!

If I started with a clean slate, endless budget, and could make color/size/style choices independent of inherited, thrifted, and free furniture, it would be different.

My in-laws think it is kind of funny how often I change our furniture around. Sometimes it is a monthly thing. Coinciding with the moon. Other times, a new item changes everything, like dominoes falling down. One thing different affects another thing. Juxtaposition matters to me. How things look in their environment is important!

So the quilt up on the wall inspired a new coffee-not-in-this-house table recovered by some damask fabric. Process is pretty simple: center fabric, cut leaving enough room to staple gun along bottom edge! Corners can be folded and overlapped like sheets, or the same way you stretch canvas on a frame (google it!).

Our sitting area is hugged up to the fireplace-as-the-focal-point. Cozy.


Table from 9-Patch Nurse's collection of de-cluttering cast-offs. We love it!

7 comments:

9patchnurse said...

Woohoo! Jennilyn, it looks fantastic. I love the fabric! And the rug makes me want to roll around on it!

Jane Babcock said...

Great idea. So simple and effective.

Julie said...

I too absolutely love the red fabric. It's fun to change things up a bit and your creation is fabulous.

Emmalyn said...

I love that table!

Deb said...

I agree with everybody. It looks great!

Valerie said...

I LOVE the damask!

Lisa Chin said...

Beautiful fabric! You are so clever.