Monday, February 28, 2011

Perfect Pie


Our 15 year old daughter, Suzanna, is cooking dinner for two weeks. Planning the menu, doing all the prep work, the whole thing. It has been nice to sit back, blog, or read instead of make dinner for 6 every night. She has been very adventurous and ambitious in the Young Women project.

And then she makes treats for her social life: she has perfected her fortune cookie recipe and her pies. Ohh, they smell so good! She will have a high school reputation as an amazing cook.

I wasn't that brave when I was her age. I think that is the goal, that our children will be more courageous, bolder, more fun, smarter, more talented than we are.

Go, Suzu!

6 comments:

John said...

nice work, my mouth is watering!
what is the flavor on this one?

Lisa Chin said...

that looks delicious!

Julie said...

I've never ever made one that looks that perfect. It is truly beautiful!

Jane Babcock said...

What a great YW project.

Deb said...

What a blessing!

Funny, I'm going to blog about pie today too. Sort of.

Jennilyn said...

CHOCOLATE silk with meringue. Looked good. She did make another one for us, a week later, and it was very rich, very tasty.