Friday, July 8, 2011

"Broken Hill"

When our oldest son comes home from serving two years in Montana, we will have a list of appropriate entertainment for him. I admire the sacrifice the full time missionaries give to remove themselves from the world, concentrate on service. No dating, no films. (In two years this would make a great date film, wink, wink!)


PG for "thematic elements and some language."

Some lying to parents. Some parent fighting/yelling. Tame prison life. Tattoos. Naked sheep. Broken windows. Pounding anvil. Wheelchair with gladiator spikes. Cop cars. Judge's gavel. A kangaroo. Less kissing than "The Princess Bride."

And the MUSIC!

Loved this film.

It goes on the list with "Les Choristes."

I think it is the combination of visual magic and beautiful music that I respond to so strongly.

When Max is back from scout camp I will make him watch this. Two thumbs up and all my fingers and toes. (This from a film viewer who, as a teenager, thought Phillip Glass' "Koyaanisqatsi" the best film, ever.)

3 comments:

Deb said...

love movie recommendations! thanks. i'll look for it.

Lisa Chin said...

It's fun to have new clean movies to look for!

BobandLu said...

Thanks for the recommendation. Put right next to Les Choristes! Wow, I'll really have to see it!