I have had more time to sew. What really happened: I cleaned up the sewing room before Emma came home, and it made it easier to sit down and work on specific projects that have been on hold. First, I dutifully worked on Polly's quilt. Ties her husband wore and favorite t-shirts. Add in some great African-looking fabric to represent their meeting in Ethiopia...
Preview for Polly: just the tie blocks all scrunched together. They are now sewn in with the t-shirt blocks, waiting for another iron pressing and then off to quilter for quilting!
Lois gave me 26 of these flower blocks. She had bought them at an antique store. Do not know who pieced them. Machine appliqued, raw edged. Pink polyester centers, so old & new fabrics, mixed. Very pink. Some flour sack fabrics. I added blue flowered sashing.And made one more block, to complete the quilt top, 7 rows of 4 across a nd wide side borders. No destination for this quilt. It was relaxing to sew, mindless, soothing therapy.
Two quilt tops done in two days of sewing! Finally, some quilting to show!
6 comments:
I hope you show Polly's quilt finished. I'm looking forward to seeing it. And I admire your quilting talent.
Very cool! I can't wait to see my mom's quilt finished. I love the pink, pink quilt. Evelyn's party yesterday was full of pink and it was funny that almost all of the girls were wearing that color.
Isn't it great to have time to sew?! I'm still recovering from my shoulder surgery and can't do much sewing/quilting- I miss it much more than I thought I would!
Who's doing your quilting? I'm very curious, because I have too many quilt tops and could use some help with them. Thanks
Yay! I'm so glad you had some time to sew and relax. Love the tie quilt. Great design for the tie blocks and I really hope you show the whole quilt!
Good that you have time to sew. Nice looking quilts.
What a talent! I just saw a quilt show at an art museum and admired all the work that went into those beautiful pieces.
Post a Comment