Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Stay On Power Hack




Gladiator Flip Flops for fun! I didn't have any black elastic, so I used bias tape, hid my white elastic inside!

I used one package of extra wide double fold bias tape-3 yard package for each pair and 1 package braided 3/8 inch elastic at 2 yards. I cut the bias tape length in half, cut the elastic in half, and sewed the elastic inside the bias tape, pulling the elastic tight so it ruffled and used 1.5 yards of tape for 1 yard of elastic.

Follow Delia's instructions for wrapping the elastic around your leg and flip flop, pin, and sew.


Super comfortable.

2 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Cute! If I could stand to wear flip flogs I'd be tempted to try it.

Deb said...

Why am i not a gladiator fan. Maybe too binding for me. hmm. have you seen the converted to fabric topped flip flops? Design mom posted a tutorial a week or two ago. I like the idea of altered flip flops.