Originally, I started blogging as a way to stay in touch with our oldest daughter who was leaving for college. She helped me format everything, taught me skills. She will be home in a week, and I realized I have not updated the hallway. I left you thinking it was dark green, minus the silver dragon scales...
And then painted the hallway minty seafoamy light green...which clashes horribly with the downstairs hallway (a bright, leprechaun bold green). One or the other has got to go.
My floors are a real yellow stained oak. Trim is off white everywhere. Ideally, I would love to restain the floors ebony. Maybe when all the children have moved out?
Meanwhile, with green kitchen tiles, I realized I have been fighting warm/cool colors. I have given in to the cool side, got rid of the yellow hallway. Calmed things down. And I can feel myself craving pink. I need some pink. Medium rare walls. Maybe a steak for dinner is what I really need?
So, Emma? Who knows what it will look like by next Saturday?!
4 comments:
Did you make a stencil to make the silver pattern? You are so daring! My walls are a boring white. :P
I love the pattern and the green.
Do you see the pencil marks on the wall? Cut out the shape from stiff cardboard, and trace around it and then paint inside the lines with the size brush you want the silver to be. Time consuming, but not hard. I will post link to pattern.
http://jonesdesigncompany.com/create/painted-wallpaper-how-to-share-your-project/
Post a Comment