This butter was made in April. Texture was weird-gritty, but great taste. If you spread it on hot bread, or use it in cooking, you wouldn't notice. Recipe credit from here. But there is a warning about botulism that makes me a little nervous...
My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
U CAN-CAN Butter! ?
This butter was made in April. Texture was weird-gritty, but great taste. If you spread it on hot bread, or use it in cooking, you wouldn't notice. Recipe credit from here. But there is a warning about botulism that makes me a little nervous...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm glad there is now a warning on the recipe. Unfortunately unless the recipe comes from a USDA tested and approved recipe then you shouldn't can it. We just don't have the ability to can everything safely that we'd like to can. :(
I freeze butter.
I ordered some canned butter from someone in Texas a couple of months ago. The label says it is from New Zealand. I have not tasted it, but people who went in on ordering a case with me said it is wonderful... not salted but texture still great. It's pretty expensive - I went in on buying the case with 3 others. They had a free shipping deal.
Post a Comment