I wore purple on accident to Church.I like what purple does to orange and turquoise color schemes. I wore a black & white jumper, and the purple long sleeve shirt was on top of my clean clothes. The accident part, was not knowing there was a Raven's game Sunday (Baltimore football team, for those of you who don't know--it's okay), so I looked like I was supportive, when I really don't pay attention to the sport. I even had on purple earrings.
There were babies dressed in purple, lots of ties and purple sweaters, bows. I just blended right in.
Christmas decorations and wreaths are all down, but I can't bring myself to put up hearts yet for Valentine's Day, in spite of the commercial push in the stores already.
Although, I did put a heart pillowcase on Max's pillow, one I was planning on mailing to him at school. If you missed the announcement, he is home, not back at BYU to finish up his freshman year.
I love him, no matter what, even when I don't agree with his choices. I feel a lot of pain & sadness when my adult child tells me he wants to be free from my influence, my rules, my goals, my definitions of happiness and appropriate recreational activities. I am trying to swallow the mom-me pride, anger, disappointment, grief, dreams and hopes. Talking lots, trying to understand and accept and listen.
Pray for him. Be his friend. Talk to him normally. Tell him what makes you happy and why.(I wrote this in the sand last time we were at the beach 2011 summer)

3 comments:
It sounds like you have a great plan. Sending you an email, too long of a thought for a comment. Keep up the good work!
It's good to talk and good to listen. I'm excited for Saturday in person with hugs and kisses.
I have Isaac helpers coming over - 6 minutes late, so - soon. I look forward to time to talk. Love you and your family.
Post a Comment