Friday, May 4, 2012

I hope someone gets a photo of Suzanna today! (How did I not do that before she left?) I found a lightweight white hoodie for her, bought a clearance 3x long sleeve white t-shirt that I showed her how to turn into a skirt (by stepping into neck, pull it up to your waist, and tie the sleeves in back or turn them inside out to form "pockets"). With some bobby pins and hairspray we turned her hair into two cinnamon buns. She used fabric marker to write on the lower back of the hoodie "May the 4th be with you!" So when they ask why she is dressed up as Princess Leia, she can ask "Why aren't you? It is Star Wars Day!" A student in my morning Bible study class is from the Pacific Islands and asked me what it meant, on her shirt. It didn't cross the cultural language barrier, the silly pun. He is in on the joke now. At the last minute before getting out of the car, she hesitated and asked, "Why am I doing this?" I told her she is beautiful and smart and FUNNY!

1 comment:

Lisa Chin said...

I hope she had a great time being funny.