During a
I love all of my children. They are all talented, smart, funny, kind, brave.
I look forward to future reunions, when we can all gather and eat and laugh together. I feel strongly that making good family memories is an important current role for me.
Not lecturing,
not shaming,
not blaming,
not judging.
Love them for who they are now. And to not hold hostage in my memories their potential future selves. If that makes sense. See them now. Know their hearts now. Talk with them. Be with them. Write/blog to them!
I am looking forward to missionary Stewart's phone call Sunday, hoping to squeeze into the queue for a moment with my Mom! Talking with Emma all week, enforcing mother-day-journal-entry-letters with Suzanna and the other seminary students, anticipating the kids-at-home sing-a-thon John organizes, and hoping for a moment with Maxwell...
I don't know what re-hab is like. I hope it gives him the chance to figure out who he is. Help him grow up. Help him be responsible.
Tough Love means he is homeless if he uses.
Be clean, and you can live here.
Come home to eat dinner with us, anytime.
Bring your friends.
But the drugs can't be here. Deal breaker.


4 comments:
tender blog.
xoxo
Right. One of the hardest things is to make the shift and recognize that where they are right now is the reality. Love them always.
I remember a very wise Mom talking with me once about morning the things she had anticipated for her child. It's best to be with them now and love them now. They grow up and have to make their own decisions. (((hugs)))
Post a Comment