I took many photos of this huge dragonfly. We got out of the canoe (a feat all by itself!) at a tribuatary, saw a little waterfall. Avoided getting run over by a houseboat and several jet skis, but otherwise we had the lake to ourselves. Off-season is a great time to go!
My name is Mom-Me at home. Friends who say my given name correctly are highly valued. Jenni-lyn, two distinct sounding names. Not Jen-all-lyn smushed together. I read every day, date husband at least weekly, watch films, daydream, teach early Daily Seminary-Bible Class to (only 13 this year!), cook extravagant meals, make famous fudge, take walks...but mostly I quilt and paint and parent!
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Cheat Canoe Cruise
We found a marina that rented kayaks and canoes by the hour. We opted for a shared canoe...which was very wobbly and tippy starting out. John proved his boyscout trip experience with his steady paddle arm. Half the time I lounged and looked at the lake, Queen of Sheba style. The weather was perfect. We bullfrog-sunscreened heavily, so no sunburning. Cheat Lake (why was it named that?) will be a nice memory!





I took many photos of this huge dragonfly. We got out of the canoe (a feat all by itself!) at a tribuatary, saw a little waterfall. Avoided getting run over by a houseboat and several jet skis, but otherwise we had the lake to ourselves. Off-season is a great time to go!
I took many photos of this huge dragonfly. We got out of the canoe (a feat all by itself!) at a tribuatary, saw a little waterfall. Avoided getting run over by a houseboat and several jet skis, but otherwise we had the lake to ourselves. Off-season is a great time to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Looks like you are having a wonderful time! Makes me want to go somewhere with my sweetie. Great fun!
where is this place?
West on 68, in Morganstown, West Virginia. Lakeview resort and conference center, to be specific. A perk of John's MDOT job is this yearly conference. It is in a different state every year (Virginia Beach in the past, Pittsburgh, Ocean City...I shop and play tourist during the day while he goes to classes, and we meet up for dinner. Great get-away!
Its great to see pictures of you guys!!
Sounds like a lot of fun-
Was about to call the other day- but didn't since I knew you guys were away!
Post a Comment