Saturday, December 12, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day...

...it's the day we get ready for Sunday, and the rest of next week!
Yesterday morning, we went to the DC temple. After a week teaching about King Benjamin's sermon on Christ in seminary, I was teary-eyed and impressed with the words I heard.

I kept thinking about the almost-old-enough-to-be-full-time-missionary young men in my class (including Stewart). One more year for them to strengthen their testimonies and prepare to serve where they are sent. I want to do what I can to help get them ready!

Tonight is the Christmas party for our ward at Church. They handed out frozen turkeys last Sunday, so I have one to cook, plus a dessert of my choice. What should I choose? Famous Jennilyn fudge, or a cheesecake with cranberry option? Cranberry fudge?

First, I have a mirror frame to finish painting and the closet door frame to paint and I'll be done with the girls' room I've been working on all week. We moved furniture back last night, put up the lighting, the beaded door (CRAZY! All the beaded doorway tutorials I found helped, but it is time-consuming, tedious. The pre-teen girls loved it!) My personal favorite is the feather-boa lamp-shade they helped me finish! Pictures coming here soon! They will be on my portfolio blog, too, with before & after.

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Daddy doesn't like the cranberry mint cheesecake, mostly because of the mind. My visiting teacher brought cranberry salsa and guacamole chips. Nice. I like orange fudge though. Or fudge (chocolate) with dried blueberries, cranberries and nuts.

Lisa Chin said...

Gus makes a really good banana bread with craisins and I'm thinking that fudge with craisins and nuts might be delicious. Do you like to experiment for the ward?

Emmalyn said...

YUM!

Sounds very nice!

I bet they loved the bead project! Right up their alley.