
This photo is taken with our NEW WEBCAM! (I did play with it in Picasa, pulled out some of the intense color, pushed the glow button, played with the shadows, you know me, couldn't leave it alone, wanted to see what I could do...)
It was the first gift under the tree that we unwrapped Christmas morning, after we had breakfast and stockings, acted out the Nativity Story complete with John narrating and reading scriptures and me pounding out 5 hymns on our out-of-tune piano.
It had been a grand morning already, kneeling in family prayer and John asked me to be voice. I prayed my heart out, thankful that we were gathered, thankful for our home, thankful for family support and help from friends and a kind anonymous secret Santa. Thankful and still begging, pleading as a family for a job for John.
We take turns, one at a time opening presents, all eyes watching, practicing saying "Thank you" and being gracious recipients and givers. We started at the oldest (me!) so I picked that package still in its mail package from SLC. Cut the tape, saw the box and burst into tears. Sometimes we give gifts in re-cycled boxes, but I knew this was what the outside said. I am thankful for long-distance parents and their great gift of wanting to be in better contact.
When I need help I still hand my phone to Emma to get her to figure out technology. I know many parents who let their kids do the programming and figuring out of new tech toys. It is nice to have it trickle down from parents, too. They are still teaching me about priorities.
Thanks, Mom & Dad! (You have to remember how wide the camera is! I saw a cute love-pat Mom gave Dad on the backside during our first ever Skype call while I was talking with another sister! It is good to know your parents love each other!)
3 comments:
Glad you like it.
Glad you like it.
Pardon the duplication due to my ignorance of what resend would do.
Post a Comment