Sometimes I wonder what we look like, our hands entwined, our heads bent, praying. This is a little peek. Maybe it is like this. (Note: I did not take a picture of us praying. This was a coincidence of hitting the button when we were both blinking.)
I am glad I married a praying man. He is good at remembering to pray, even when I am really tired and already half asleep.
We are still praying for help in figuring out job situation. It is easy to point at a wish list and want to just hand it in, like a Christmas wish-list.
"I've been good, so give me this, please."
John encourages me to learn how to say, "Thy will be done" prayers, instead.
They are still specific prayers, but maybe they could be more humble, accepting.
2 comments:
When things are hard for me, sometimes I hear in my head one of the scriptures in Mendelssohn's Elijah oratorio, "Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee."
I believe the Lord knows our needs. All of them.
Love, Dad
I have to thing harder and more simply when I try to pray in Spanish.
Post a Comment