Missionaries found my dad when he was a teenager. He served a mission to Mexico.
My mom's dad was a missionary in Sweden and _______.
I served in Belgium at the same time my John was in Oklahoma.
We have hopes for our sons (and daughters, if they want to and feel called). Stewart turns 18 tomorrow, so one more year and he will have his call.
But right now, my parents are going! They will be missionaries. They have a little over a month and a wedding before they are in the Mission Training Center, and then on their way to the Caribbean. Wow!
And all their many grandchildren will know, it is possible. It is expected. It is a family blessing, having them go and serve.
5 comments:
My father's mission was just to Sweden. And yes we are excited. My Sister Babcock identity belongs to a private blog. I don't know how to get back my alter ego mamagramajane for leaving comments.
What an exciting opportunity for all of you!
Your comment about many grandchildren got me counting. I counted 31. Am I right? It's true, they are a great example and a blessing.
My parents went into the MTC on Tuesday and are on their way to Guatemala next Monday. :)
Yes, I am grateful for the missionaries who taught us. I hope we will have the inspiration and persistence they had with us.
Love, Dad
Post a Comment