Saturday, November 13, 2010

Jane (Thankful for Pioneer Reprise)


Roxie has a Grandma Jane (8th head from left back row=baby), and a Great GREAT Grandma Jane (7th head from left back row, holding my mom!)...We named her after both.
She was a beautiful bride.
Had 8 children, and then was a very young widow. My Grandma Laura is the baby in this picture, Mom's mom.
On her 90th birthday. This is the great grandma I remember. Grey-haired, strong Scottish accent.
I am thankful she listened to the Mormon missionaries and had the courage to leave her family and come to America. Thank you, Great Grandma Jane!

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Lovely post. I don't think I'm the baby in the first picture, because my mother isn't in the picture.

Julie said...

I too am VERY grateful to Great grandma Jane. Knowing and learning about her life makes me love her even more. (I need to contact you about copies of these pics.)

Lisa Chin said...

Beautiful photos and a wonderful history!