Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Deadlines


Yes, I am thankful for schedules, deadlines, time frames that encourage participation, concentration, application. It helps me prioritize when I have deadlines.

This quilt was made because of a "So You Think You Can Quilt" deadline (but it didn't have to be quilted) and then finished due to a different group deadline- Flying Geese Quilt Guild show.

Company coming creates a deadline. Returning college kids, another deadline.

I get lots of things done, just in time. Deadlines are reassuring, helping me know when something needs to happen. How much time I can spare until the crunch.

I just wish deadlines had another name. Alive-Lines. Due date. Goal. No-more-stalling day.

3 comments:

kim said...

I agree 100%!! I work best with deadlines...so why am I feeling so stressed with some deadlines I've set for myself right now??- major redecorating/sewing/painting that has to be done before Thanksgiving :O

breathe...breathe...breathe

Jane Babcock said...

I hate it when deadlines clog up into bunches and take over my life. I try to do whatever I can ahead of time to leave me space to act for myself. I love being able to choose when to do something. As I get older I have found that I seem to have more freedom to choose or maybe I am just more aware that I am making choices.

Lisa Chin said...

I like the "No More Stalling day" title. I can't figure out why I do so much better with these deadlines but I do. It's wonderful to have an end goal stop date.