Monday, December 27, 2010

Grandma's House

Sandy Mom, my husband's birth mom (yah! THANK YOU FOR HIS BIRTHDAY!), collects Nativity figurines. She has a whole village--elaborate set-up every year. Suzu helped, and I gave her the camera last night to document the village.


I can't remember his name, but I think the spotted lamb follows a Christmas story book Sandy read to our children one year. I altered him, gave him his spots, gifted him to Sandy one year. She has over 10 cats througout the village, lots of birds. She loves animals.

I like the carpet seller. I think his rugs look like great quilts!

This year she added Salt Lake temple square to the collection. That's John Wayne standing behind the temple!

3 comments:

Jane Babcock said...

Impressive. How much room does it take?

Lisa Chin said...

I like Suzu's artistic angles on her photographs. It's great to look at things differently.

kim said...

I've had the pleasure of seeing Sandy's village and it's really unbelievable...so realistic and fun to see all the details!