Sunday, December 19, 2010

NWBW * b/w Kitchen & Dinning Room


*Non-Weight-Bearing Wall









This was Friday, the first morning Emma & Stewart were home from college. Finished up seminary with a grand party of crepes & birthday cake! Then our home teacher came over, with his tools & talents. Best. Barter. Ever. Trade you a painted mural or two for the talent and know-how to knock down a wall, rewire, and build a half-wall back up!



All I want for Christmas/birthday and for John's Christmas/birthday is a new stove. And a place to put it! No more 1950's cook top and tiny, tiny oven that wouldn't even fit a cookie sheet in either direction.

5 comments:

Fine Art by Jennifer said...

You did it! Awesome!

Deb said...

Love it! Wonderful problem solving. Looking forward to seeing it done!

Jane Babcock said...

This must be why you are cooking in Grandma Sandy's kitchen.

BobandLu said...

I gasped when I saw that first picture! Woo hoo! I love it. And yes, I had to check my blog comment - hopeful the cooking in another kitchen was not from a problem. This is wonderful!

Likely said...

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! You did it!!!! I thought we were going to help!!! I am happy you have a HT to help! Is it who I think it is?? wow! It is going to be awesome. It will open things up so much! I want to come over. Can we after the holidays? Or maybe just after christmas so I can see your college kids???